Thunderbolt Middle School's mission is to promote respect for self and others, teach students to ask questions and think critically, build relationships, and empower students to take ownership of their choices. We provide a safe place to make mistakes and the opportunity to learn from them.
We are dedicated to a continuing tradition of excellence in an ever-changing world. Within a safe and supportive environment, we provide a high-quality education and prepare our diverse student body for future endeavors. We honor achievement and promote pride in ourselves, in our school, and in our community.
Thunderbolt Middle School (Home of the Thundercats!) opened in 1994. The school offers a wide variety of programs to challenge and provide opportunities for all our students.
- Use of the latest classroom technology; interactive whiteboards (Smartboards), projectors, and document cameras.
- Amplify (ELA and Science) and Big Ideas Math Curriculum.
- Advanced Algebra is available.
- Art, Band, Physical Education, computer classes, and Choir classes are available.
- Honors classes.
- Thunderbolt and Lake Havasu High School coordinate instruction for a seamless transition.
- A selection of interscholastic athletics are offered; including girl's volleyball, boy's and girl's basketball, boy's and girl's track, boy's and girl's cross country, girl's softball, boy's baseball, spirit line, and boy's football.
- A wide selection of student clubs and organizations are available.
- Booster Club.
- Full Positive Behavioral Interventions and Supports (PBIS) implementation.
- Response to Intervention for Reading and Math.
- Departmental Professional Learning Communities.
- Intervention-focused summer school.
- Rotary Club and Elks Lodge Student-of-the-Month.
- Kids on the Colorado for all 7th-grade students.
Students need options and innovative approaches to learning and Thunderbolt Middle School has them.