Thunderbolt Middle School (Home of the Thundercats!) opened in 1994. The school offers a wide variety of programs to challenge and provide opportunities for all our students. Here are a few highlights.
- Using the latest classroom technology. Thunderbolt has interactive whiteboards (Smartboards) in use, and every teacher has a projector and document camera.
- National Board Certified computer skills teacher.
- Honors classes available.
- Art, Band, Physical Education, computer classes, and Choir.
- Thunderbolt and Lake Havasu High School coordinate instruction for a seamless transition.
- A selection of interscholastic athletics including girl's volleyball, boy's and girl's basketball, boy's and girl's track, boy's and girl's cross country, girl's softball, boy's baseball, spiritline, and boy's football.
- Booster Club.
- Full Positive Behavioral Interventions and Supports implementation.
- Campus wide Capturing Kids Hearts implementation.
- Yearly Career Fair.
- ACT Explore Test/AZCIS Profile.
- Response to Intervention for Reading and Math.
- Departmental Professional Learning Communities.
- Intervention focused summer school.
- V.F.W. Youth Activities Award.
Students need options and innovative approaches to learning and Thunderbolt Middle School has them.